Thursday, March 14, 2013

Gaelic football and Hurling

hey guys (: 
I've been studying the culture topics and while reading the handout about Gaelic football and Hurling I realised that I didn't really get the rules while reading them so I decided to watch a youtube video to get a better insight. You should know that I've never been a fan of watching sport. I like to it but I never enjoyed watching it. I don't know why but I just think it's boring. But these two videos are really hilarious and I definetly enjoyed watching them. I know that both, Gaelic football and Hurling, shows elements of different kinds of sports but seeing it is way more fun than just reading about is and I think it's fascinating how well the different elements are combined (:
For them who haven't looked up this topic yet and don't know what I'm talking about: Gaelic football shows skills of soccer and rugby and is played with a round leather football which is comparable to a hard volleyball. Hurling shows elements of Lacrosse, Baseball and Hockey and is played with an axe-shaped stick similar to a hockey stick.
But I really recommend you just watch these videos yourself and see what I'm talking about ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment